Friday, August 20, 2010

My computer has a Trojan versus?

I have McAfee Scan on my computer and i dont have money to get another type of virsus program how do I get rid of this thing and what will it do to my computer????



plz help



My computer has a Trojan versus?norten



Mcafee is a good antivirus software for virus protection. I would suggest first update your McAfee by running live update on your system and then do a complete scan. If this does'nt work, download another antivirus software from net. Try AVG. Its free and can be downloaded from www.download.com



My computer has a Trojan versus?panda



Are you saying that Mcafee found it but can't get rid of it. Does the Trojan have a name. I would suggest that you run Macafee's Live update to bring your virus definitions up to date and then scan. Usually when an anti-virus program does a scan and finds a virus or trojan horse, it will either delete or quarantee it. Other software, which is highly rated, but not free is Webroot's spysweeper mainly because of its extremely high rate of detection. See webroot.com for more info. If nothing else works, your best bet would be to reformat the hard drive. However before doing that, I suggest that you back up your files either onto a CD or a Flash Disk as reformatting erases all the files on your hard drive.
A Trojan horse simply hides a harmful program (e.g. a virus) within itself. When a Trojan horse is executed, the hidden harmful program is released into the computer and starts doing some damage (e.g. erasing the whole harddisk).

No comments:

Post a Comment