Monday, August 16, 2010

What is some good trojan/virus killing software? Thanks...I already have Ad Aware and Spy Bot.?

pest patrol.now called CA ANTI SPYWARE did it 4 me



What is some good trojan/virus killing software? Thanks...I already have Ad Aware and Spy Bot.?best antivirus software



download AVG free home edition



What is some good trojan/virus killing software? Thanks...I already have Ad Aware and Spy Bot.?firewall



I had two trojan viruses and a hacker. My computer was not useable. Every day I ran Ad Aware, Spy Bot, Spy Doctor, and finally AVG Anti Virus and AVG Anti Spyware. Immediately after running all of these I would run Disk Clean up and then Defragment. It sounds a bit excessive, but it got rid of the viruses, only the hacker remains.
LavaSoft Ad-aware is no good anymore. Highly flawed. Remove it. And in any case, using Ad-aware AND SpyBot together is pointless and redundant. Too many background services all doing the same thing.



They were only good as long as people were still using Internet Explorer 6 (and 7 too, if you ask me). If you switch to Mozilla Firefox, they're much less necessary. Firefox has a lot more protection built in, or provided by third-party extensions.



Go with (free) Spycatcher Express, it replaces both of those other programs and it is a spyware *preventer* not just a cleaner. And it simply gives you a lot more control over everything running on your PC. Much more powerful than either of those two lame programs.
Here is a link full of freeware.

No comments:

Post a Comment